TOWN & COUNTRY LIFTGATE HANDLE KEEPS BREAKING, IS THERE AN ALL METAL VERSION OR CAN I DO SOMETHING ELSE?

2000 Chrysler Town and Country • 180,000 miles

I have a 2000 Chrysler Town & Country, the liftgate handle has been replaced four times over the last two years and I am getting fed up with it. Does anyone know where I can find an all metal replacement for this?

I have worked on this so often that I know the exact tools required and have all but worn out the screw holes for the trim panel on the tailgate. I have bought those cheap aftermarket plastic handles and the expensive one, $200, from Chrysler dealer and all of them broke. They either break on the hinge, made of plastic or the end that pushes down the metal bar that levers the pull rod up to open the latch.

Please either let me know of a good replacement or an alternative, I am considering removing handle and replacing with bar of metal or some such.
Jeffgedgaud

If you are using a factory part, that is the best you can get. Make sure everything is well lubed so there is minimum resistance.

That was just as bad as the cheap plastic ones, it only lasted 8 months and the car dealer/parts store I bought it from gave me a hassle when trying to return it.

Jeffgedgaud