2000 Chrysler Town and Country Repair Question
Removal & Installation (Main Unit)
1. Set parking brake and disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Discharge A/C system, using approved refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment.
3. Remove wiper module.
4. Pinch off rear heater hoses (if equipped).
5. Drain engine coolant.
6. Remove heater hoses from heater core and plug all openings. Remove suction and liquid lines from expansion valve.
7. Remove instrument panel.
8. Remove heater ducts.
9. Disconnect 2 upper mounts from upper reinforcement and lower mount from tunnel.
10. Remove 3 nuts securing A/C-heater unit to dash panel. See Fig. 19 .
11. Disconnect A/C-heater unit wiring harness connector.
12. Pull A/C-heater unit rearward until studs clear dash panel. Lower A/C-heater unit and remove from vehicle.
13. To install, reverse removal procedure. Install new "O" rings on A/C lines. Evacuate and charge A/C system. Perform calibration test procedure.
39,932 answers provided