CHRYSLER SEBRING COMPRESSION PROBLEM

2000 Chrysler Sebring • 185,319 miles

I read one of the other questions from another sebring owner. Car shut down replaced everything and still won't start. You sent him information via PDF to help him. He never replied that he got the car started. I'am having the same problem. And running out of money buying parts. Is there a way to check the alarms system or reprogram the system without going to the dealer. Car is not getting spark from distributor, it's been change, crank relay has been changed, plugs & wires changed ASD is working (clicking ) all fuses checked. Have a used PCM, can I program it myself?
Sebring08081

No, leave it alone, it has to be flashed from a dealer and most likely is not the cause as the rest of the parts you have replaced.

Start with basics, compression test, fuel pressure and spark.

You said no spark but check the other 2 as well.

Compression 1.85 got 1/2 tank of fuel. I was drive in highway, it just shut down. Put in new distributor, it ran but had a miss, changed plugs and wire it hasn't started since. Rechecked all parts, have taken the manifold off about 10 times now. The only part left is the PCM. It's getting real costly.

Sebring08081
Fuel pressure? Not how much but the actual pressure.

What about the timing belt? Is it turning?

Compression 1.85? Please explain. If it is 1 lb, no good should be 125-150 minimum

Sorry compression is 150, checked for fuel it's pumping. Timing belt is turning. Just not getting spark! No codes when checked

Sebring08081
What kind of distributor? New or used

Used

Sebring08081
Ok, with as much trouble as they have with this part, not surprised. Get a re man or you may go through several of them till you find one that works.

That was my question! The mechanic checked the output, it came out of a running car.

Sebring08081
I'll have the mechanic get another one and will let you know the results. Thank you for taking time with me on this problem.

Sebring08081