HOW INVOLVED IS CHANGING THE VALVE COVER GASKETS?

2000 Chrysler Other • 150,000 miles

Have an oil leak. A bad one. Was told it was the valve cover. The rear one.
Jimlevan

How about telling me what model you have and engine size?

V6 3.0L voyager 2WD

Jimlevan
IT'S NOT THAT BAD YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT IN A HALF A DAY IF YOU'VE NEVER DONE ONE. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE PLENUM TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE VALVE COVER GASKET. JUST TAKE YOU TIME, MARK THING OR TAKE PICTURES AS YOU GO AND MAKE SURE YOU USE A NEW PLENUM GASKET.

Homer1967
Thats for finshing the question for me save me work lol.

Ok, only reason I ask it because I have a manuel and it says I need to remove the cowel the wiper motor and a whole bunch of other stuff. If I only need to remove plenum then hell ya I can tackle this. Just want to be sure that's all. Till then I just keep addding oil. The front cover is a breeze but that is not the one leaking. The rear one is and it looks buried. Are there any specific manuels you would suggest? I have a haynes repair manuel.

Jimlevan
I posted what I have for replacing the rear valve cover gasket its on mitchel ondemnd. It says to remove the wiper unit also I have notice even for some of the chrsyler vans it says to remove the wiper unit to replace the power steering pump. Iam not sure if you do or dont. It doesnt say to remove the intake manifold though.I would rather deal with the wiper then the intake though. As far as repair manuals I have always liked chilton myself.

I have a voyager not a grand voyager does it make a difference?

Jimlevan
Its the same no worries.

I dont see why the wiper motor would be in the way though but again iam not sure I have never replaced one of those gaskets.