CHRYSLER CONCORDE ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Chrysler Concorde • 100,000 miles

Replaced 2.7 engine with 3.5 and car ran good for 2 weeks now after I drive 2 miles engine shuts off no spit no sputter and wont restart after 5 minutes car starts right up and runs fine for as long as I have driven it. Next day same thing.I have replaced Crank sensor but no difference
Labmanlynndairycom

Have you checked for diagnostic fault codes. The camshaft position sensor is a more common failure item. They both often become heat-sensitive and work again once they cool down.

Did you have to replace the Engine Computer or was it running okay with the one from the 2.7L.

There are no codes. It's the same computer from the 2.7.
Could the camshaft sensor cause the engine to shut off?

Labmanlynndairycom
Absolutely. The Engine Computer wants to know when the engine is rotating, (cranking or running) so it knows when to turn on the automatic shutdown (ASD) relay. It knows that by the pulses it receives from the cam and crank sensors. When it sees those pulses and turns the ASD relay on, that sends current to the ignition coil(s), injectors, fuel pump or pump relay, alternator field, and oxygen sensor heaters.