CHRYSLER CIRRUS ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Chrysler Cirrus • 18,000 miles

While driving heard a thunk at transmission and stopped accelerating and would not start. During investigation found too much fluid in transmission, transmission flter fell off. Installed new filter and fluid. Unable to start, no spark at plugs. Replaced plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor. Still no spark. Disconnected battery for possible reset. My question is, is there any other reset or computer reset for this vehicle? What should I do next?

Sandyhale

If you have a distributor, I'm guessing you have the 2.5L v-6 engine. Disconnecting the battery is not the thing to do. The Engine Computer may have stored a diagnostic fault code but that is erased now. It may have come back. That would be the place to start. Cycle the ignition switch three times from "off" to "run" without cranking the engine, then watch the codes display in the odometer readout.

You can go here to see the descriptions, otherwise I'll be back here in a few hours to see how you did.

http://www.2carpros.com/trouble_codes/obd2/P0400

Did what you suggested and no code came up. When replacing the plug wires one plug wire was corroded away at distributor cap. There is no engine light that comes on when trying to turn it over.

Sandyhale
Start by checking the fuses under the hood and inside the car. The yellow Check Engine light must turn on for a few seconds when you turn on the ignition switch. Also try to listen if you can hear the hum of the fuel pump for one second when you turn on the ignition switch.