CHEVROLET VENTURE BATTERY PROBLEM

2000 Chevrolet Venture • 334,000 miles

I was given this van a 2000 chev venture for helping my wifes family. The van had been sitting for 2-3 yrs it blew a cooland hose & sprayed all over engine compartment & fuse box. The hose was replaced the motor ran for 30-40 minutes & it killed the battery. A new battery installed it died also. Brought to mechanic then transmission went on it as it was on its way out so replaced the tranny. The motor runs ok, changed the starter, checked wires from battery to starter, checked ground to body, started motor disconnected battery & motor still ran so alternator ok. Or so I thought I did test it one more time then the motor stalled so now goin to bring alternator in to get tested. I checked the igition relay & mini fuses they all are good. Can someone plz help me.

First thing I have to say is never unhook the battery while its running that's a good way to damage the computer. Also do you have a multi meter to do some testing?Have you had the battery tested?