CHEVROLET TRUCK SENSOR PROBLEM

2000 Chevrolet Truck • 158,000 miles

I have a 2000 K2500 with 5.7L. Have been working on this issue for some time, when it first starts and I put it in drive, it runs like crap, bogs down, and chugs for the first minute. Doesn't matter if it has sit for hours or minutes, still does it. Replaced the fuel filter, checked the Oxygen sensors, plugs, wires, updated the computer and still does it. Only thing that works now is if I unplug the MAP sensor. Works great except for the check engine light.
Now, it is starting to do it again with the sensor unplugged. I had it at a mechanic and he couldn't figure it out either, even called some dealerships. I took it in and had the fuel pressure regulator changed too but that was a mistake, didn't change a thing.
Hoping whatever is going bad will finally just go and then it will be easier to figure out. Weird that it runs fine with the MAP sensor unplugged.
Any ideas would be appreciated!
Tori2432

Most likely fault is Camshaft sensor inside DIST. Have scanned for codes?

Docfixit
Yes, no codes, it is a 2000 with the old body style, kinda a half breed if that helps.
Would a camshaft sensor cause all that trouble?

Tori2432
It only runs rough for the first minute then it runs great, and it only does that if it is moving

Tori2432
Two possible faults when runs better with MAF unpluged is cam or crankshaft sensor being that it happens onstartup cold and matbe moisture then leaning more to crank located o behing crank pully

Docfixit