CHEVROLET TAHOE FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe • 147,000 miles

I took my 2000 Chevy Tahoe to a dealership to get fixed because it stopped working. A day or so before the death it was idling strange, would fluctuate between 500 rpm and 0rpm and then stall.

They came up with two problems it needs;

Replacing of Lower intake manifold gaskets

Replace Fuel Pump Module
-tech says I only had 22psi instead of the 55-62 psi recommended.

The question I hope you guys can answer;
I am a student and money is not plentiful. Could I get away with just getting the fuel pump fixed, and then shop around for the gasket? Do you think the car will run after only that repair?

Please if you need more information let me know, I am not familiar with cars and repairs but I will do my best.

-Sean
Syalo

With that fuel pressure its going to run very poorly so I would for sure replace the fuel pump. Then you can see how it runs I dont know how bad the intake is leaking so depending on how badly the intake is leaking will determine how it wil run. With a intake leaking it should only effect idle with a high idle or a unstable idle bouncing around. You not handy with tools?That wouldnt be the hardest fuel pump in the world to change and you could shop around for a fuel pump.

Sounds like the fuel pump is at fault if its only 22psi-Have the fuel pump replaced-start here

Idle bouncing around like a basketball-won't hurt to clean out the idle air control valve might help a bit to stabilize the idle if it hasn't been clean out for ages

Thanks for the responses. Do you recommend going with the GM part, or paying less for aftermarket? Do you feel $735 is a average price?

Syalo
Yes I plan on cleaning out the Throttle Body, and getting a K& N filter

Syalo
What's your zip code?I can get you a idea of how much to do the fuel pump in your area.

98043, Mountlake Terrace, WA

Syalo
Do you recommend going with the GM part, or paying less for aftermarket?

Syalo
I have a sliding price of 368-791 to replace the fuel pump.I would just go aftermarket on it.