IF I HAVE MY COOLANT FLUSHED, WHAT COOLANT SHOULD I USE IN MY CAR?

2000 Chevrolet Lumina • 96,000 miles

As with many cars of this model, my intake manifold gaskets are cracked and leaking antifreeze. I am going to have these replaced before it gets worse. My researched showed that the main problem that caused the Lawsuit against GM was the DexCool coolant. If I get these replaced, logic tells me to not put the DexCool back in my car. However, I was reading on some websites that mechanics were recommending to keep using the DexCool if that is what the car came with. After I replace my gaskets, should I keep using DexCool? Or should I use other coolant?
Chevyman31

First of all, use the dexcool. The new gaskets are made much differently and will not corrode like the old ones. There is an updated kit from gm that I use all the time and no more issues.

Just make sure you keep up on your services. The coolant needs to be changed at 50k. If not, it breaks down and causes all kinds of issues.

Do you know where I can order that updated kit?

Chevyman31
Any gm dealership it has updated gaskets, bolts and all the instructions. It is a very labor intense job if you have not done it before. It takes us about 4 hours in a shop.