I HAVE A LS AND I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW IF IT IS EASY TO REPLACE THE REAR STABALIZER LINKS??

2000 Chevrolet Impala • 286,000 miles

I have a 2000 Chevrolet Impala LS and I am curious to know if it is easy to replace the rear stabalizer Links?
Loveitdownsouth

Yeah there easy you just have to hold the shaft with the wrench while loosening or tightening the nuts.

I dont understand do you have a picture or something

Loveitdownsouth
As you can see in the pic there is a nut on the threaded shaft you hold that with a wrench when removing the nut. To remove the old one and install the new one. Really easy.

Ok seems fairly easy. I am assuming there is 2 of them there need to be replaced right and they are in the rear of the car

Loveitdownsouth
You did say rear sway bar links so that would be in the rear. Also there is two one on the left and one on the right. If there both bad you would replace both. If only one is bad you can just replace the bad side. But there not real expensive so I would just replace both of them.

Well the mechanic told me that they have play in them.

Loveitdownsouth
That sounds about right they get play in them or freeze up from salt and snow areas.I would just replace both of them then.

So on average how long would it take to replace the 2 of them? If a backyard mechanic does them.

Loveitdownsouth
I would say no more then 30-45mins.