GOING THREW STARTERS BROKE END OFF A NEW ONE

2000 Chevrolet Blazer • 170,000 miles

I have had a starter put in my 4.3 by a profesional shimed and all ! It cranks over but sometimes it sounds like it kicks back and makes the starter grind! Flywheel is fine all the way around! Ac delco starter is in it! A pro tranny guy told me it could be the tranny is locking up! Makes cents cause it seems to jump forward when try n to start sometimes wow its been 4 starters now! What the $%#^ is the problem with this sh@#?
Rondierckens

WILL IT FIRE UP AND RUN?

WILL IT DRIVE WITH NO TRANNY SYMPTOMS?

MY DAD'S '76 F-150 SLUNG OFF 3 STARTER'S (BROKE THE EARS OFF THE STARTER) WHEN THE ENGINE KICKED BACK. THIS TURNED OUT TO BE A TIMING PROBLEM. THE HOLD DOWN FORK THAT HELD THE DISTRIBUTOR IN PLACE WAS BENT AND ALLOWED THE DISTRIBUTOR TO MOVE

I CAN ALSO SEE THE POSSIBILITY OF THE "TRANNY"

A PREVIOUS GIRLFRIEND HAD A '82 MUSTANG 200 6 CYL W/ C-5 TRANNY. IT HAD A TORQUE CONVERTER WHICH WOULD "NORMALLY" LOCK THE ENGINE TO THE TRANNY AT A CERTAIN RPM.

IT GLITCHED A TIME OR TWO, BUT THE LAST TIME. IT HAD PERMANENTLY LOCKED UP. CRANKING THE STARTER (ON THIS AUTOMATIC), ACTED JUST LIKE CRANKING THE STARTER ON A STANDARD TRANSMISSION WITHOUT PUSHING IN THE CLUTCH PEDAL. THE CAR WANTED TO MOVE, WHEN IT SHOULDN'T

WITH THE CAR AT MY HOUSE AND MY "VIVID DESCRIPTIONS", I CHECKED WITH 4 DIFFERENT TRANNY SHOPS.1ST 3 SAID IT NEEDED A FULL REBUILD, EACH ONE WAS OVER $1000. THE LAST SUGGESTED THE TORQUE CONVERTER WAS THE PROBLEM

LUCKILY, THIS FELLER SPENT A LITTLE TIME WITH ME AND FOUND THAT SOME COMPANY MADE A TORQUE CONVERTER WITHOUT THE LOCK UP FEATURE. IT WAS $96, I REPLACED IT IN A FEW HOURS WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM A BUDDY, A FEW DAYS AFTER IT WAS ORDERED IN

YOUR TURN

It will fire up I find I have to hit the gas sonetimes to get it to start! It shifts perfect

Rondierckens
To add, you said it kicks back? Thats what is breaking the nose. Common on aluminum starters.

You need to find out why it is kicking back on start up.

WHAT ABOUT CRANKING IT UP IN NEUTRAL?

In neutral it still jumps a head a lil but not all the time! Most times! Could it have anyhing to do with injectors? I just dont want to chang the tranny !

Rondierckens
But I have an other truck with a good one in it!

Rondierckens