HAS NO POWER FALLS FLAT AT 2K RPM

2000 Chevrolet Blazer • 167,000 miles

Changed:
Plugs & wires, distributor, timing gear, cam sensor, throttle positioning sensor, mass air flow sensor.
Danny.lee@neo.rr.com

Check for a vacuum leak and fuel pressure. ALWAYS run a scan on the engine for codes so you don't unecessarily spend money like you have.I f you have a vacuum gauge, check engine vacuum at idle if it is 15" or below check for a clogged converter.

The codes are the reason I changed the parts, it said mechanical engine misfire and gave those parts as possible reasons, but after changing them, I still have 1 code that says engine timing. I'm 99% sure the timing chain is installed correctly, but is there a trick to installing the distributor? I aligned the rotor with the 6 and had the engine at tdc #1

You may have the cam senosr out of align with the cranksensor
. You should really put #1 on tdc and see if the rotor is pointing to #1on the cap. If not move it there as that is the proper procedure for reinstalling dist.

Hmm, I will pull it back off in the morning and take a look. Thank you so much for the very fast responses.

Also check vacuum at idle if its' 15" or belwo check for a clogged converter.

Im at a complete loss, can't find any vacuum leak, catalytic converter is fine, and the fuel pressure is good. Could you explain this paragraph in an easier to understand way

"The CMP Retard is altered by shifting the distributor in the somewhat oversized hole through the LIM. Even though the hole in the distributor hold down clamp is not slotted and the clamp is fixed to the base of the distributor, there is enough play in the hole through the lower intake manifold to allow for modification of up to 15 degrees. CMP Retard must be properly set to 0 degrees to A) accurately time the spark for each cylinder by giving the widest available advance/retard window & B) to properly align the distributor drive gear on the cam."

Mostly turn the distributor to see if you can get it right. Just make sure that you saw the mark on the crank at or around zero and the cyl#1 at tdc. Then make sure to point the rotor in the cap to #1, then what you have above imeans you can shift the. Distributor 15 degrees to bring it where it is supposed to be. In your first response when you had the engine at #1 you shold have pointed the dist to #1 not #6 that puts the dist or cam sensor out of sync with the crank sensor.

I can't get to that site cause I dont' belong just do how I said it's the proper way.

It's at the 1. On the distributor drive gear, what would happen if the two 0's aren't aligned I think the very bottom one may be in the rear of the shaft.

The dots align with the tip of the rotor. If you didn't take the gear off there should be no problem. The only problem would be if you aligned teh dist and when you put it in the oil pump drive wasn't exactly aligned and the gear went off a toothwhen you installed it. If the harmonic balancer is at zero or close to it and teh #1 is at TDC then you should be ok, if not then there is something else wrong. When you installed the new timing chain it should have lined up like the picture. Also what is your fuel pressure, that will cause a misfire as well and may still be your problem. I dont' see an answer for the fuel pressure. It should be 41-47 psi if it's low then that was probably your original problem espcially if the check engine light wasn't on.

Page 1 of 2