CHEVROLET BLAZER NOISE PROBLEM

2000 Chevrolet Blazer • 165,000 miles

I just changed the intke manifold and I tried starting it and it would not crank over. I found out the the distributar is out of timing so Ifixed that. I try and start it and it starts but goes to 3000 rpms and then just shuts off. I'm not sure what is wrong with it.
Jstyx

Sounds like a vacuum leak. Re check your wotk to make sure you hooked everything up

I checked all the hoses that I previously disconnected and nothing was undone.

Jstyx
Did you follow the torque sequence when you replaced the intake? You may have a leak there.

Yes I did. It is also making a high squealling noise when it gets to 3000 rpms.

Jstyx
Can you tell where the noise is coming from? Also, have you checked intake vacuum pressure?

No I cant. And no how do you check that?

Jstyx
You need a vacuum gauge to check the vacuum. I believe most parts stores will lend them to you. When you check it, vacuum should be around 18 to 19. All you do is plug a vacuum hose from the gauge to a vacuum port on the intake. As far as the noise, could it be a vacuum noise? I think that is the problem (but not 100% sure yet).

OK thank you very much is there any other things that it could be so I have all the bases covered?

Jstyx
Not sure yet. Let me know what you find.

Ok thanks again

Jstyx