FUEL FILTER

2000 Chevrolet Blazer • 100,000 miles

Do I NEED a jack and line wrench to change the fuel filter or can I just crawl under n use pliers or an adjustable wrench to remove it? I have the quick disconnect tool. Its actually a girls car and she said her boyfriend cant fix it because he doesnt have the right size line wrench or a jack. I disagree I believe it can be done without those things
Markdogg

You will need a few tools you will need a set of sockets to loosen the bolt or Strap holding the filter in place, you will also need line wrenchs or regular open end wrenchs plus a pair of needle nose pliers. One end of the filter is threaded and the other has a plastic clip. Once you purchase the new filter you will see what I mean. As far as needing to jack it up or not depends on round clearance, if you can crawl under it and turn on your side and still have a few inches of space between you and the vehicle frame the no. I will usually go ahead and jack it up just to make sure I have plenty of room to maneuver, do to the gas that will come out of the line.

Obxautomedic