LOST POWER TO DASH POWER STEERING AND BRAKES AND MOTOR WONT TURN OVER WHAT COULD THIS B

2000 Cadillac Deville • 176,336 miles

I was diving everthing was fine went to turn around. First lost power to brakes then to power steering then to dash then to motor now when I try to start I get nothing dash wont light up. I still have power to interior lights I checked fuses none blown but I dnt know how to check relays. I took out ridio day before drove it that day nothing wrong. I did leave loose wires after taking ridio out. Covered them after that happened
Cjv

Check the battery. It may be to low to keep things going.

Start there

I already did reads is getting 15v

Cjv
15 volts? Too much. Is this running at the battery or engine off?

Get ur alternator checked

Acostaae
Well I hooked up barttery charger it read I was getting 15 on that mabe it ment 15 amps. If it was my altnator would that cause my dash not to come on and not let me roll my windows up only thing in my car that works r my visor lights and door lights other then that I have ni power to anything I'm going to check barttery again. Tomorrow. If it was alternator what would b the signs of that

Cjv
Battery must be checked first. Then with engine running, you should have 14 to 14.5 volts at the battery.

You can't read a battery while the charger is attached to it.

Wrenchtech
Its ur alternator. Ur battery isn't getting enough charge

Acostaae
Nobody knows that. Everything starts with a battery test and then test the charging system.

Wrenchtech
Check the voltage at the starter seloniod and check for start signal at the smaller wire on the s terminal when u hold the key in crank poss. When it stalls. We can start here. Gl

Cadieman