ALARM GOES OFF EVERY TIME DOOR IS OPENED FOR A COUPLE MINUTES. STARTS AND DRIVES FINE. I HAVE NO FACTORY REMOTE.

2000 Cadillac Catera • 40,000 miles

Tried turning key in door and leaving key in ignition. Doesn't help. No codes in system.
Sasha0913

Factory or aftermarket?

Check the driver door switch. It could be faulty and the security system is not recognising that the switch has been unlocked.

By the way if you had used a code reader, you might not see any trouble codes. Only scan tools capable of reading Body Control Module trouble codes would work.

@Roy ---- All factory

@khlow ---- I will try the door switch.

Sasha0913
The door switch I meant is the one inside door panel whereby when key is used to unlock, it would send a signal to the BCM to deactivate the security system.

I checked all the connections inside door panel. All seem good. How would I check the door switch if it's faulty or not

Also the car has no brake lights and feels like it has no power brakes.

Sasha0913
No brakes lights could be due to a blown fuse underhood and this fuse is also linked to the security system.

You must use a multimeter to test the switch for continuity in order to understand if it is faulty.

Heavy brake pedal effort could mean a bad brake booster or insufficient vacuum boost due to a leaking or clogged hose.