IS THERE ANY SUGGESTION, I WANT TO BUY A OBD2 DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER, WHAT SHOULD HE PAY ATTENTION TO?

2000 Audi A6

Is there any suggestion, my friend want to buy a obd2 diagnostic scanner?
Shuoshous

SOME OF THE SCANNERS READ THE CODE NUMBERS ONLY

SOME GIVE THEIR MEANINGS ALSO

YOU CAN GET A QUICK REVIEW, IF YOU CLICK ON THEM AND READ

YOU CAN CONTINUE SPENDING $$$ AND GET ALL OF THE BELLS AND WHISTLES.I DON'T KNOW HOW FAR YOU WANT TO PROCEED

1. Shopping Tips for Selecting an OBDII compatible scanner There are a growing number of scanner compatible with 1996 and newer vehicles with a wide variety of features. With prices ranging from $250 to $2500 anyone looking for a scanner needs to do a little homework to find a tool that best fits your needs.
Will it work on your vehicle
First and foremost, the tool you purchase must support the vehicles you anticipate working on. Although it's true that OBDII is a standard, there are three different types of hardware communications used by OBDII vehicles. Some tools support all three and some are manufacturer specific. If you're a diehard Chevy customer, you may be able to save a few dollars by choosing a manufacturer specific tool.
Beside get to know Supported parameters, and if it is upgradeable?

Carlibulen