CAR CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START

2000 Acura Integra • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 108,000 miles

My Integra will not start. It cranks but acts as if it's not getting spark or fuel. This has happened once before last year and a few things are common between both times. Cold weather just around freezing, fuel level is around 1/8-1/4 tank but it certainly has fuel.

Last year I took the distributor cap off and tested the components inside with an volt/ohm meter using procedures I found online. Everything checked out. Put it back together and nothing. Took a break to warm up and then went out and tested to make sure it had spark by removing one of the wires. It had spark so I put the wire back on the plug and it started right up. Never found out what the problem was.

Not sure if the cold weather or gas is part of the problem but very coincidental both times. Not sure where to look now.

Thanks for any help

David
Comet24

Need to determine spark or fuel loss. First check engine light coming on? Try this pull plug wire hold 1/4 in from block crank spark? If yes spray carb cleaner into air intake crank run for sec?
Let me know
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
Cranked and saw a little spark. Battery going dead. Charging up a power pack and will try again in the morning. Thanks

Comet24
It's running now but I would like to know what the problem was. I added some dry gas equivalent to the tank and about 5 more gallons of gas. Had to jump it to get the engine to turn over. Took one of the wires off the plug, took the end of a screw driver and stuck it in the wire end and laid it on the engine. No one to help me today. Turn the engine over and tried to see if I could see any spark from inside the call. After a few times and maybe 20seconds total of turning the engine over it started. With it running I put the wire back on the plug and drove it around to get a charge back in the battery. Any ideas what's going on here. Only did this once last year under the same conditions and started back up after doing basically the same thing.

Could a little water in the tank cause this issue when the tank is low with freezing temps outside?

Comet24
Possible tank below 1/4 can cause fuel pickup problem and water will make condition worse. Check fuel pressure 47-54 psi. Assume no engine light came on?

Docfixit