BECOMES VERY LIGHT AND ACCELERATOR HIGH WHEN I START DRIVING AFTER SWITCHING IN ON, ALSO THE SPEEDO METER DOES NOT READ FOR FEW SECONDS. AF

1999 Toyota Nadia • 52,000 miles

1999 Nadia becomes very light and accelerator high when I start driving after switching in on, also the Speedo meter does not read for few seconds. After few seconds the check engine light turns on, accelerator becomes normal and Odometer starts reading. Any idea?
Farraz

1999 Nadia becomes very light and accelerator high when I start driving after switching it on, also the Odometer does not read for few seconds. After few seconds the check engine light turns on, accelerator becomes normal and Odometer starts reading. Any idea?

Farraz
The best thing to do is to get the trouble codes pulled. A repair shop should either do it for free or charge very little as it takes only a few minutes. Large chain auto parts stores do this for free as well.

Hi, I got an error P0500 – Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction and we replaced new speed sensors but still the problem is the same. Any other idea?

Farraz
You might have to get the code cleared with a scanner. Go to aforementioned parts stores to get codes cleared.