NO OIL IN MY ENGINE

1999 Toyota Corolla • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 110,000 miles

1999 Toyota Corolla mileage: 110,000. I am from India and thus know very little about the cars out here. I bought my Toyota when it had 104,000 miles  and had the regular oil changes done twice since then. One at 104,000 miles and then the other 107,000 miles. Since I was doing the regular oil changes I was never bothered to check the oil level. Now it has 110,000 miles  on it so I thought to have looked at it before I go for the next oil change. I found to my dismay, that there is no oil at all. I do not know long it was like that and how much I drove with that situation. So I panicked and added half a quart of oil with the help of my friend who knows about the cars (he has a Toyota too and it seems he adds in between). I drove around ten miles on that day. Next day I found that again dry with out any oil. I do not know what is wrong. Help me by giving your expert opinion as to what needs to be taken care of at this point. How to fix it? Do you think it would have caused severe damage to the engine? I am terribly worried because I invested quite a bit and I am a student. Hope you will help me out. Still the car is running good. It gets started with out any problem, runs smooth and the car is not smoking.
2CarPros-Archives

You probably have not caused severe damage to the engine but only time will tell. We would highly suggest checking the oil and adding more if necessary every time you fill the gas tank. Check where you park the car over night to see if there is oil spots under it. If you find large quantities under the car, you will need to have a reputable service technician take a look at it. You may have a gasket or a seal that has failed.

2CarPros-Archives