JEEP DIED WHILE DRIVING, NO SPARK

1999 Suzuki Vitara • 225,000 miles

4cyl. 2.0 L. My Vitara stalled while I was driving and it didn't start after that. I have no spark, it turnes normally but won't start. All fuses are good, I have changed the CMP sensor and ECU, didn't change anything. I have also removed the after market anti-theft device. Gives no DTC. Don't know where to go from here, please help.

SophieP

Check the crank sensor and make sure you are getting power to the coil.

Can you tell me where to find the crank sensor, do I have to remove the transmission? I have four individual coil packs, one for each spark plug, none of them have power.

SophieP
It should be located near the harmonic balancer.

Sorry i'm not very familiar with these, I have no idea where the harmonic balancer is. I was told I had to remove the tranny to get access.

SophieP
I just checked. It says on the right front of engine. The harmonic balancer is located at the bottom front of the engine. It is where the belt is driven by the engine. That is where the sensor should be.

Thanks, I will have a look tonight.

SophieP
Let me know if you find it.

I've seen in the suzuki forum that you have to be very carefull when replacing these, this is also where I have seen that the tranny needs to be removed and it has to be placed in the exact same way not to affect the timing.

SophieP
Also, it says that the crank sensor would not cause a no spark, like I said I have no idea if this is accurate or not.

SophieP