SATURN SC2 WHEEL PROBLEM

1999 Saturn SC2 • 99,000 miles

This thing vibrates like a Harley, all 3 mounts new, new plugs, it runs grate but will make your butt and hands num, have put new Wp IP crank dampener, exost system flywheel, torkconverter? I'm a auto teck for 30 years and this is my son, s car and cant seem to fix it, help
Transmission tim

There are four mounts on that car which ones have you replaced?Automatic or manual transmission? IS IT vibrating or missing?

Its vibrating like an out of balance grinding wheel at all RPM.S It will give you a head ake , put top mount, trains mount, lower dog bone. Is there a nother one, its not missing the thing runs grate if you can stand to drive it. Thanks for eney help . TIM

Transmission tim
So you replaced the top mount by the valve cover the bottom engine dog bone mount?What about the lower trans mount and the upper transmission dog bone mount?Also automatic or manual transmission?Does the car have a tow bar on the front of the car?

Yes there all new and the p side 2 times, it, s an auto, new flyweel& torkconverter no tow bar, this thing has drove me crazy. Thanks for the help.
If it, s hot its not as bad but will stell ratell your teeh at any speed, somthing is out of balance inside or on the moter.
Thanks agen TIM

Transmission tim
So you replaced the flex plate and torque converter? Does it vibrate like that at idle in park?

Yes new OEM flex plate and torque converter and mounts and water pump and idler pulley. It vibrates at any RPM even if you idle it up in park
3000 RPM you think the glass would shatter out of this thing, I, v driven the, s cars at the shop and they doin, t do this and they have 200,000 miles on them and you cant even fill them running. Guy, s I, m a 35 year auto teck and transmission builder and just cant seem to figure this one out, you can lay a cup of coffee on the hood and at 3000RPM it looks like its boiling tell it falls off, Thanks for your replys
TIM

Transmission tim
I really wish I could feel the vibration have you checked the main bearings for play?

Yes end play 0.0043 first check cold 0.0038 hot , If you wont to feel the vibration take an old grinding wheel and knock off a chunk and put it on your shop grinder-wire wheel and hold on tight, its deafening and that's wot it feels and sounds like, you cant even hear the radio, the car body
is like a tuning fork .
Hope this helps,
Thanks so much saturntech9
My sun drives this thing every day and it has no oil leaks or PS leaks or Coolant leaks, every thing is dry as a bone.
Burns no oil and has about 178 psi to 180 psi compression 1-2-3-4.
Do I need To junk this car?
Thanks Tim

Transmission tim
I got a 98 saturn sc2 vibrates bad, the inside outside of car vibrates, worse when first running, clutch is out got it apart putting clutch in today. All the mounts look good, I pryed and tried moving them around checked to see any rubber missing or cracked ect. All seem good. My brother said could be in the clutch system or the flywheel? Otherwise motor somehow out of balance?

Srm1957
I have never really seen the S MODEL out of balance like that. Have seen torque convertors. But not the engine itself. Maybe the crank is some how out of balance.

Page 1 of 2