MOTOR RUNNING

1999 Saturn Other • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 125,000 miles

I noticed that my car's motor was still going on when I stopped and put on 'park'. I tried putting on 'drive' and it would stop, but on 'park' it's working like I still had my foot on the pedal. What do u think that could be? The panel shows that the motor is running.
Luciana1984

So your saying in park it has a high idle?Any code's?I also need to know what model saturn you have?

Check for vacuum leaks and also if the throttle plate is fully closed if not, it will make the engine diesel/run-on

I dont know, I can check on my insurance card later and then I'll write it here. That happens only in park, in reverse or drive it is normal.

Luciana1984
So in park you have a high idle?Or are you saying that when you turn the key to the off position the engine keep's running?Also go to a auto part's and have them scan your car for code's and let me know the exact number's if you have any.