WHEN I GOTO LOCK THE CAR WITH THE KEY FOB THE ALARM BEEPS BUT IT DOESN'T STOP

1999 Renault Megane • 12,700 miles

Yesterday I went to lock my car with the key fob, usually the alarm sounds then it stops and the car is locked, but last night the alarm just kept on going and wouldn't stop and the only way I got it to stop was by unlocking the car so it was unlocked all night. Can I just disable the alarm for now so the car locks without the it going off, as I work long shifts and haven't got time until next week to get it into a garage. As long ad it's locked I'm not too bothered about the alarm, but I don't know how are you to disable it. By the way it's a 1999 sport alize coupe (yellow one) 1.6. And I live in the UK so it's a UK specification left handed car.
Thank you
Kerry
Kerry1972

Altho I dont have access to Renault manuals, most factory alarms are anti theft systems and dis
s
able the starter, aftermarket systems can be dissbled by removing an inline fuse.

Merlin2021