CAS HAS NO FIRE, AFTER CHANGING FAULTY FUEL PUMP, ANY SUGGESTIONS, COULD THE PROBLEMS BE LINKED?

1999 Pontiac Sunfire • 150,000 miles

Got a 1999 Sunfire 2200 SFI. It stopped in the middle of town while I was driving. When I turned the key ahead, the fuel pump didnt make its regular noise, only a sound of "spitting air". So I changed the The whole thing, only to realize that is still wouldnt start. I checked to see if It had fire, and it doesnt have fire to any of the four plugs. Later I changed the complete coil pack and still nothing. It doesn't whirl fast like it "jumped its time". Could it be a crankpostion sensor? Since these are sometimes a pain to change due to the fact of them getting stuck in there, is there anything else that I could try first? Do you think there is some type of relationship between the fact that the fuel pump seemed like it wasnt working and now no fire?
Mforrest89

First what motor?

What is the fuel pump pressure?

No spark? Start with fuel pressure

The problem might not have been the fuel pump. If there are no sparking, the fuel pump might not work. For no sparking, the cranksensoer is the prime suspect.

The old fuel pump didnt work, the new one does. I suspect the crank sensor as well. Just wanted to know if they ws a common problem related to both. The crank sensor broke off when I tried to take out (which they usually do). Is there any tricks to getting them out besides takeing the oil pan off?

Mforrest89