WELDING PRECAUTIONS (ELECTRICAL)

1999 Pontiac Montana • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 143 miles

Hi, What electrical precautions do I need to take regarding arc welding on my 1999 Pontiac Montana Van besides disconnecting battery? I don't want to damage any electronic computers or modules, ie: main computer, ABS brake comp, cruise control, ignition module, etc. Thank you, David.
DavidEye

Arc welding NEED to reomve all electronic modules. MIG or TIG you can leave hooked up

Docfixit
Thank you Docfixit for the reply. I have to weld a crack in the sway bar and I don't want to remove it if I don't have to. Although it is probably "isolated" with rubber bushings but I haven't looked closely yet. Rather than take a chance, I will probably remove it before welding the crack. I will NOT remove all the electronic components.I'll opt to remove the sway bar instead.

DavidEye
Good decision have had to replace lots electronic components after cars come out of body shop

Docfixit