TESTING SHOWS THAT THERE IS A ENGINE MISFIRE WILL NOT TURN OVER

1999 Pontiac Montana • 125,000 miles

Tested and it said that there is a engine mis fire and will not turn over
Tonytee2008

I TAKE IT THAT IT HAS "FLATLINED"

DID THIS HAPPEN AS YOU WERE DRIVING?

CODES SAY MIS-FIRE

AND ENGINE WILL NOT CRANK OVER

DO YOU HAVE POWER TO ANYTHING?

CAN YOU TEST VOLTAGE AT BATTERY POSTS WITH A VOLTMETER?

IS YOUR BATTERY DEAD? OR REALLY LOW ON VOLTS?

READ MY PART OF THIS POST---IT MAY HELP TOO.

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1999-chevrolet-lumina-wont-start

MAY BE A PROBLEM WITH THE CHARGING SYSTEM/ BATTERY

SOMETIMES IF YOUR GAUGES SORTA GO HAYWIRE--ENGINE STARTS MIS-FIRING

MOST LIKELY---BATTERY DYING/ THEN DEAD

ALTERNATOR/ BATTERY FAILURE/ SOMETHING IN THE SYSTEM FAILURE (IT WAS THE ALTERNATOR, IN THE CASE I DEALT WITH)

UN-JEWG THE BATTERY COMPLETELY FROM YOUR RIG (REMOVE BOTH CABLES FOR ALL YA'LL YANKEE TYPES!)

COMPUTER WILL RESET

CHARGE OLD BATTERY/ REPLACE OLD BATTERY, WHICH EVER WORKS BEST...BEFORE RE-INSTALLED

JUMP STARTING MAY MAKE YOU "GO", BUT THE PROBLEMS PERSIST

...........THE COMPUTER AIN'T BEEN RESET, TILL YOU UN-JEWG AND RE-INSTALL "FRESH" BATTERY (SOME 'ROUND HERE SAY, "BAT-STREE"!)

ONCE UNDERWAY---CHECK SYSTEM FOR, "NOT CHARGING" (FOR WHATEVER OF MANY REASONS!).....WE CAN OFFER IDEAS

OR MAYBE IT'S JUST A "RUN DOWN GOOD BATTERY" (LIGHTS LEFT ON, ETC) OR JUST A PLAIN OLE BAD BATTERY.........EVEN BRAND NEW STUFF CAN BE BAD, DOUBLE CHECKING, MAY SAVE YOUR SANITY (I TORE MY JEEP APART FOR DAYS, BEFORE I REALIZED MY NEW REPLACEMENT IGNITION MODULE WAS BAD TOO...WAS MOMENTS FROM CRYING!)

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO TESTING, MANY POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORES WILL DO THIS LOAD TESTING, CHARGING SYSTEM TESTING FOR YOU FOR FREE!!!---ON VEHICLE OR OFF

JUST GET IT THERE FAST AS YOU CAN WITH THE FULLY CHARGED BATTERY, BEFORE THE PROCESS REPEATS ITSELF!

KEEP US UPDATED