I AM HAVING HEATER AIR FLOW PROBLEMS IN THE CABIN.

1999 Pontiac Montana • 174,500 miles

The filter is missing and the actuator seems to be operating correctly. Since it is only a problem on the heat side, could the heater core have debris on it? When I switch it to cold the air flow drasticly increases. How can I check it without taking all the duct work out?
Rick S.

This is a likely cause for the issue, if the cabin air filter was missing. You might try sealing off all the outlets except the one most likely to be in line with the heater core, removing the cabin air filter and placing the hose from a shop-vac in the filter cavity( duct tape is your buddy for doing the aforementioned steps) Making sure all controls are set to the max heat position, apply compressed air to the remaining duct, if there is garbage in there, this should mdislodge it and be captured by the vac setup. Let me know if you have success with this. If not, I can find the easiest access for you to physically see if it is indeed your issue. Hope this helps. DocDTC

DocDTC