SE ABS/TRAC OFF LIGHT...AN ELECTRICAL/WIRING OR HUB ASSEMBLY PROBLEM?

1999 Pontiac Grand Am • 69,000 miles

Hello.I have an issue regarding an ABS/Trac Off lights coming on. Not really sure what's the problem. If vehicle been sitting for a while, doesn't come on right away. Usually takes 10-15 minutes driving before the lights to start chiming on and it's usually while driving down a road without turning or hitting any bumps. The vehicle seems to be the same, nothing seems out of the ordinary as far as performance is concerned. Once lights come on, the lights stay on consistently. Even after pulling over, turning ignition off and on again. The lights come back on after a 1/2 block or so. I had a hub replaced on driver's side about a year and half ago because Trac Off light would flash intermittently on left dash. The issue now is ABS light and Trac OFF light on right dash consistent. However noticed yesterday Trac Off light on left dash is now flashing on like before a year and a half ago intermittently again.
I am fanatical when it comes to my car because I depend on it everyday and I keep it maintained on a very regular basis within the servicing guidelines. Would like some advice of what it could be before taking it to the mechanic tomorrow as I would like to have this resolved the first time and not have to keep spending money to figure out the problem. Any advice is welcome and I would be most appreciative. Thank you. : - )
Blue Vicious

You need to have the code pulled for the abs. Once the problem is identified with a real diag, not from the code pull, the issue can be fixed. At that point the abs will go off as well as the trac light as it works through the abs.

Does it matter which light comes on first? Because now thinking back when first happened the other day. The Trac Light came on first before the ABS light within 20-30 seconds initially. Just curious.

Blue Vicious
No, the fact that there is an abs code dis ables the trac system

Thanks, Roy, for all your help, really. If it isn't too much to ask I have one more small question just to be sure. What you mean by the "real diag" is actually physically inspecting the vehicle as opposed only looking at what the code is revealing to be fixed, right?

Blue Vicious
Let a shop retrieve the code and track down the fialure. A code never identifies a bad part, just a failed system