CHARGING, NOT CHARGING, WHAT EVER SHOULD I DO

1999 Plymouth Voyager • 167,000 miles

Okay this started about a month ago with van dying at the gas station. Found it was not charging, took alt to be tested, it was good. Put it back on and I started getting charge 13.8. Week later it died, while driving home. Replaced battery term (looked loose) it was charging, so thought problem fixed. Once again died driving home, guages and light acting crazy batery had 10v, was not charging, jumped it got it home, took alt to be tested and it is good. Put it back on and walah! 13.8v and charging. Not sure what is causing this to happen but would really like some help as to what I need to replace or how to test the system to make this stop.
Tmaj9447

Test the ASD relay if okay-have the computer alternator field generation driver circuit checked

Were ie asd relay located? Any pics I have looked for it but not clear where it is or how it is labeled

Tmaj9447
Its in the power distribution center

Do you have instructions for testing the ASD relay?

Tmaj9447
No -try swapping it with a like one-also refer to this link: http://www.autoshop101.com/trainmodules/relays/101.html

Okay I cannot for the life of me identify witch relay is the asd for the alternator. Does anyone have a pic or know how it is labeled in the power distribution center?

Tmaj9447
Today I am getting a fluxuation in the volts ranging from 12.99 to 13.56 constantly. Yesterday when I checked it was a constant 13.81v. Sound like the pcm?

Tmaj9447
Sounds like the computer is not controlling the alternator output-have it checked

Have not found a place to test it yet. The voltage when cold starts out at 13.81 then over time as the van heats up starts declining, after 5 minutes it steadly dcreased to 13.45. Guess the only solution is to purchase one.

Tmaj9447
I guess that's the only way out a new alternator after you make sure the wiring that goes to the computer is not shorted or open and the computer itself-Good Luck