NO SPARK ON A '99

1999 Plymouth Breeze • FWD Automatic • 157,352 miles

I'm having the same Problem as that one fellow. With the '99 plymouth Breeze, 2.0 liter SOHC Engine, Automatic. The Car was running just fine, we pulled into the gas station for gas, and refused to start when we were ready to take off, No Spark, all relays and fuses checked out fine. I changed the Camshaft posistion sensor, the next day, and the car fired right up, and then she quit on me after driving her for a few miles on a test drive, smae thing, NO SPARK. All storm signals are pointing towards a bad PCM, Can one pull a PCM from a same make and model vehicle, at a "Pick -A-Part", without having the unit "Flashed"? I did this to a '91 Honda Accord, and it worked just fine, but I was told one could not just plug 'n play a PCM on a obd 2 or 3 pcm.
Tonyz60chevy

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

This is a 2.0 Engine and it does not have a distributor, the first time I changed the the Camshaft sensor she ran and idled beautifully for about twenty minutes and then shut down on me while taken her out for a test drive
. Timming belt, camshaft sprocket pin, target magnet, replaced crankshaft position sensoron it, and changing the PCM, didn't do a gosh darn thing.I did take note that although the fuel pump makes it's priming noise, when swiched on, it does not whirrr quite as long as it used to, I'm just wondering that, if the fuel pump is going bad, if that would cause the ASD to shut down, need some kind of answer to that question, been waiting for three months to get some sort of reply! I had a much easier time figuring out why my uncles '49 stylemaster couldn't start, isn't modern technology, wonderful? : -(

Tonyz60chevy
Hi, Guys, I finally threw in the Towel over the week-end, and took my wife's car( A 1999 Plymouth Breeze) to a local electronic shop, The car had a faualty engine wire harness!I would have loved to have figured this one out myself with a little bit of help from my friends in cyber space, after throwing so many parts at her, up to a rebuilt PCM, all to no avail. I just wanted to keep you all posted about what the outcome was, so that you guys could know in the future, if you should run into the same problem. Thank so much for letting me bend your ear a little, so far, so good! God Bless

Tonyz60chevy