HOW CAN YOU BYPASS THE ANTI-THEFT/UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE KEY PAD TO GET THE CAR TO START?

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue • 180,000 miles

Both of my key remotes are broke when I put the key in the ignition everything turns on except the car. What can I do to bypass this feature? I have a 1999 olds. Intrigue 3800.
Cheftel71

Did you have it checked to find the failure? Did you try another key? Is the check engine light on?

I tried both keys and they both turn on but the car wont start. No the check engine light is not on. I drove to a store, when I came out couldnt get the remote to work. I changed the batteries & resynced the remotes still nothing. Does anyone know what the black button is for under the drivers side dash?

Cheftel71
The black button under the dash does it look factory?It sounds like a aftermarket alarm vallet button to temporally disable the alarm. Also have you tried taking apart the remotes and cleaning the inside of the buttons?Are they factory remotes or for a aftermarket alarm system?