FREEZE PLUG LOCATIONS

1999 Oldsmobile Alero • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

Where are the freeze plugs located on a 3.4 liter V6 Engine? The car is a 1999 oldsmobile alero
BrianV

Check on both side of the engine block

Yes where exactly this is for my 1999 oldsmobile alero I looked and I see none on the block and what is required to install the freeze plugs and install them?

BrianV
What's wrong here that you inquiring about the freeze plugs -are you leaking coolant from the engine

I had a diagnostics test and pressure test ran on my car and I was told one of my freeze plugs is leaking. My car keeps overheating and the water keeps disapering

BrianV
But is it actually leaking from the freeze plug? If not could be burning in the cylinders due to a blown headgasket, cracked head or block and an intake leak

The headgasket has been replaced and I have had the heads checked and they are not cracked and the same with the block and ithey are not warped I had the heads resurfaced also and the intake is fine I had that checked is there a diagram you could link me to so I can solve my problem?

BrianV
Sorry, I dont have the information you need on the freeze plugs

Sorry to bother you again but I checked the freeze plugs myself and it turns out the mechanic that did the diagnostics and pressure test was wrong. The car runs perfectly fine when I first start it then the surge tank shoots the water out then the car stalls what would cause this? The car doesnt even get on the hot mark now.

BrianV
Refill the radiator. Start the engine and let it warm up. Make sure there is coolant flowing. If not, remove and test the thermostat. Boil a pan of water on the stove and put the thermostat in the water. Use an accurate thermometer capable of reading at least to 215 degrees F (preferably a candy thermometer). The thermostat should open at 195 degreesF. If not, replace it and the gasket. If it does open, replace it and install a new gasket and then replace the water pump. You may also want to check the cooling system for the presence of combustion gases to make sure there isn't a head gasket leak to the cooling system.

Rivermikerat