MY A/C MAKES A REALLY LOUD SQUEELING/CHIRPING NOISE WHENEVER ITS ON WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

1999 Nissan Sentra • 142,670 miles

It doesn't go away until I hit high speeds or turn off the a/c but as soon as I slow down or turn the a/c back on I starts back again

I've already replaced the bearings
Dhulse96

Loose belt or the compressor is locking up.

If the belt is not loose or the compressor good, check for a bad harmonic damper on the crank pulley.

My mechanic said it might be the compresser, is tht something I need to fix right away, and can I still try to ride with the a/c?

Dhulse96
If it is the compressor, you can drive but avoid using the A/C to prevent any unwarranted damages if the compressor were to give way.

What if it makes a low squeeling noise even when the a/c is off and hasn't been turned on yet

Dhulse96
Then you would need to check the other drive belts. It could be the alternator belt or as I mentioned in previous post, a bad harmonic damper.