PETROL SMELL WHILE DRIVING AND WHILE STOPED AND ENGINE RUNING

1999 Nissan Gloria • 300,000 miles

When I drive my car it gives petrol smell. And when I stop and I keep my engine runing still it give petrol smell. Is it because of fuel filter?
Flassssh

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere you can add some fuel dye and get a dye light and find the leak that way.

I showed my car to garage they told to change fuel filter and check. Should I change fuel filter?

Flassssh
So they said the fuel filter was leaking?

They just told to change fuel filter and check and still it smells then it might be a leak. SO is fuel filter like a air filter?

Flassssh
Yes all the fuel filter filters the fuel coming from the take like the air filter filters the air coming into the engine. If it smells like a leak unless the fuel filter is leaking then I dint know how replacing it would stop that smell.I would try out the fuel dye and the light.

My car the fuel tank is behind so I got a air filter type. Is that call fuel filter?

Flassssh
Does the filter hook to the pressure line coming off the fuel tank?

Yea because its like a air filter in the fuel tank where all fuel pipes r there. So tht is tht fuel filter?

Flassssh
I have no info on your car because its a european model I only have info on cars sold in the usa. But iam still trying to help you here. Do you have a pic of what your talking about?