MITSUBISHI TRITON MECHANIC PROBLEM

1999 Mitsubishi Triton • 275,000 miles

Hi, I have a 1999 Triton ute HK, 3ltr V6 Petrol, auto. After a long drive 100k + the motor runs fine, until I stop the motor for about 10-15min, then it starts to miss and stall when driving around the city, once back on the open highway, it usually clears itself, and a way we go. Had it put on the dyno maching, came up number 3 coil, changed coils, no change, still showed number 3 coil, another test, came up air flow monitor on turbo, changed monitor, no change, next we changed the electronic distributor (little black box before the coils ) still no change. Also change both fuel filters. Have had this miss for about 12mths now, and 100 mechanics can not tell me what is wrong. Please help Mark
Rambo001

If it is a consistent misfire on the same cylinder, apart from ignition spark related components, you should be checking the engine compression, vacuum leakages and if the EGR is on the same cylinder, that should be one to look at too.

100 mechanics in 12 months, 1 new guy every 3 days, wow that is a lot of mechanics to go through. Hopefully 101 makes it a lucky number.