MITSUBISHI PAJERO BRAKES PROBLEM

1999 Mitsubishi Pajero

Hi, mi name is Rodrigo and i'm from Punta Arenas, Chile. (Sorry for my english)
I have a mitsubishi pajero 1999, and I have a big poblem. When I am accelerating and try to slow down without using the brakes, a kind of red/orange lights shows up in the dashboard, is the engine light (i think) and the car lose power, and the only solution is to stop the car and turn it off for a minute or two. Then when I start the car again, the light disappear but after minutes, the same thing happen.

I don't know why happens or what to do, please help.

my email= rodrigo. Xoko@hotmail. Com
Rodrigovera

You have a set fault code logged in the ECU, you need to get this code read with a scanner, the code will identify that problem can you post the codes?

Mhpautos
The problem is that the car has the steering wheel changed (left side) and we can't find the ( I don't know how say it) connector. I mean, we know that the car can be connected to a pc or something like that, but can't find where connect it

Rodrigovera
The Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC) should be underdash near the fuse box or somewhereabouts.