WHAT IS SOME THINGS THAT COULD BE WRONG WITH MY CAR

1999 Mitsubishi Galant • 180,000 miles

99 mitsubishi galant es, on the highwy going 65mph went to accelrate to get over and it acted like it was in neutral made sure it wasn't and it just wouldn't go. My tires just wont move. I put it in al, the gears but NOTHING! I had it towed home and since have put in transmission fluid but still nothing. Please anyone know anything?
Jenburgess

Scan the computer for code/s, if no CEL-have the tranmsission further checked by a transmission specialist-hard to say where its coming from internally

You added fluid how much an is it reading full on the stick?

Djcl
Well on the stick it just says hot and then cold on the other side. It doesn't say fill or low like other sticms do.

Jenburgess
The fluid level has to be on the Hot side when engine and transmission is at normal operating temperature-

So we have only added 3 bottles, should we add more? I never put any in I bacause I thought they do when I get my oil changed.

Jenburgess
You need to get the level corect. Fill it to the cold mark and see if it moves. Check it with the engine running in park.

Djcl
Ok thank so so much I will do.

Jenburgess
Your welcome