WON'T START HAS GAS, SPARK

1999 Mercury Villager • 120,000 miles

Changed the knock sensor, now it won't start just cranks. Distributor brand new there's sparks on all plugs. Checked gas flow from filter and return good, there is alot of gas on spark plugs when I pull them out. What could be the problem.
Tom steal

You need spark, compression and fuel pressure. Something is not there. You need a fuel pressure gauge to test pressure, spark check and compression. I would start there.

Having excessive gas on the spark plugs does that have to deal wit fuel pressure. Jus gotta get a pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure, 'and compression. Thanks Aaloha!

Tom steal
Could be no spark or timing.

There's spark, timing I had put it on top dead center the rotor in the distributor points to number 6, is it suppose to be in position 2 o clock cause thats like number three. Is it suppose to be on number one on the distributor cap.

Tom steal
Tdc is number one cylinder. Make sure it is on the compression stroke and not on overlap.

Yeah I bring number 1 cylinder up to top, pull the cap of the distributor and the rotor points between 3 and 2. Should I rotate the pulley till it hits one, but that won't make it tdc, how do I make sure it's on compression stroke not overlap

Tom steal
Remove number one plug and when you rotate the motor, you will feel pressure against your finger. Do not rotate the pulley. You must remove the distributor and place it with the rotor pointing toward number 1 wire.

Thanks that makes sense. Aaloha!

Tom steal
Good luck

Yeah tried, still no start. I'mma keep trying. Much mahalos (thank you). Aaloha!

Tom steal
Page 1 of 2