IS MY FUEL TANK DEFINATLEY BUSTED AND IF SO CAN IT BE FIXED?

1999 Mercedes Benz A160 • 55,150 miles

I put the car in the garage 10 months, I was told to remove the battery from the car as to aid its preservation.

Replaced the battery, engine started car burst into life and the next thing I smelt this overwelming scent of petrol. When I got out the car I could hear the petrol as it was pouring out the car and onto the road.
I bent down and all I could see was my petrol.
I waited till it had finished and reversed the car back into the garage.
Ladyfi

If the leak did not start until the car was running, it is more likely that a fuel line has burst. There is so much pressure in the fuel system that it will keep spewing Petrol for a while after you turn it off. When you store a car, the Petrol turns to varnish in a few months and causes all kinds of problems. Blockage in every place imagenable and it is not really Petrol any more. So, take a closer look at the source of the leak as I bet it is a fuel line. You should drain and replace gas, gas filter and run a fuel system cleaner for 2 tanks of Petrol.