LINCOLN TOWN CAR ABS PROBLEM

1999 Lincoln Town Car • 17,000 miles

The tail lights on my 1999 Lincoln Towncar do not come on when the headlights come on. The garage diagnosed the problem to be the lighting control module (LCM) needing replaced. They want $830 for the part plus labor. I can get a remanufactured part for under $300, the problem is the repair manual doesn't mention this part or say where its located in the car. Can you tell me where the LCM part is located and how to replace it.

Thank you,
KZ

Under drivers dash by the center of the dash. Match it up to the part

LCM behind center of dash-see below

Thinking of the same thing thruout the day again Mr. Roy?

Absolutely. My friend

Thank you both for your answers, the diagrams were a great touch.
Can either of you tell me if there is much that I will have to remove to find the part?
I need a good service manual, the two Haynes manuals I have do not even mention the LCM
except in the wiring diagram.

Thanks again,

Ken

Zitok
I'm sorry we don't have that information has no listing for R/R procedures-You can try downloading a manual here for a cheaper price: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/mitchell1eautorepair-car-repair-manuals

Got it all fixed lst week. The hardest part was lying across the seat with my head under the dash. Your pictures were the saving grace.

Thanks again!

KZ

Zitok
You're welcome and Good Luck