POWER SEAT ADJUSTMENT ADVICE

1999 Lincoln Town Car • 155,000 miles

I have installed a used track for the driver's seat on a 1999 Town Car. It needs manual adjustment to move it back before using the electric control. How can I manually move the track seat back to it is aligned correctly?Motors and switches work, but the seat is too far forward and will not go far enough. It needs manual or further adjustment so it is at the correct space for the driver. How can I get this done?
Pbt45

If the seat adjuster is moving within it's manufactured limits, that is all that can be done with it. If it needs to go back further than it is intended, say to accomodate an exceptionally tall individual, then some fabrication to the mounting of the seat may need perfomed.

Factoryjack
I don't think it is moving far enough, so it's not within limits. It may be a problem with it being a used part. Thanks for the tip. I am hoping there is an electronic re-set of some kind to get it working to give me at least 2-3 more inches for driving clearance. But an electronic re-set is doubtful. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Pbt45
Is this the same concern that it was replaced for in the first place?

Factoryjack
I have taken your advice and revamped the floor track, moving it all back 3 inches, using 1/4" strap metal bolted to the frame, then bolted to the car floor. This makes is useable and very sturdy. The strap metal is stronger than the track frame metal, so I am certain this seat will not only fully function now, but also be as strong as it ever was. I had another expert tell me to toss the old one, that it was the wrong one, but that's not true. Also said get a new one from Ford, which is nearly impossible to do, it being 12 years old and not available that I have found. I think he said that because he was a Lincoln mechanic. Thanks for your tip which solved my problem.

Pbt45
It's good to hear that you solved the problem, just be concerned of the fact that it is modified. The concern is the G-forces that would act upon it in a collision, and how it would behave under such circumstances.

Factoryjack
I was also concerned about that, and believe the 1/4" thick 1.5" strap iron is heavier and sturdier than the seat track. I also used steel bolts - it will be hard in a collision for the seat to move any more than it would with the regular seat track. Thanks again.

Pbt45
Glad you were to fix this to your satisfaction. No reply needed.

Rivermikerat