ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

1999 Lincoln Navigator • V8 2WD Automatic • 120,000 miles

I have a 1999 Navigator. The headlights quit working. The parking lights work but will not turn of with the switch unless I re-start and turn off while engine is running. All the fuse's are good and the bulbs were replaced.
Star48

For the parking light, there are 3 things that can cause it : 1. Faulty light switch.
2. Faulty parklamp relay.
3. Autolamp control module is not cutting off when ignition is turned off.

When problem occurs, to test if it is the switch, disconnect switch connector and if light stays on, it is not due to the switch.
Unplug the parklamp relay and connect a test lamp across either Tan/White and Light Green/Yellow wire and if test lamp lights up, the Autolamp Module is at fault.

Is vehicle equipped with Daytime Running Lights?

I can not see the wires and I do not have a schematic to show me what color wire is for the plugs position.

Star48
Is vehicle equipped with DRL? I needed it to get the correct wiring schematic.

You need to get underdash and and possibly requires removal of the steering column and underdash covers to get to the wires.

No it does not have DRL.

Star48
Here are 2 different schematics, one with autolamps and the other without.

If it is without autolamps, the most likely fault would be a bad light switch.