99 LAREDO

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee • V8 4WD Automatic •

I have a 99 grand cheroke laredo I think I have an electrical problem, at first I though it was the fuel pump but now that I saw the behaivior it looks like electrical, first the car just dies from time to time and it desn't want to start but I notice that the gauges on the dashboard corresponding to battery and fuel don't respond the battery only comes up to 9v and the fuel does not move, all the lights and indicatos work even the chime does the noice, after a wile (about 15 to 20 minutes) I turn the key to on position and everything works great batery to 12-14v and gas indicator works then the car starts again. What could be the problem? Thanks
Mizquiz

Check battery cables to make sure they are tight and clean. Also, check the ground to the engine block. Let me know what you find.

One other thing, if you have a volt meter, check the battery voltage when it reads 9 volts.

Let me know what you find.

I have replace the battery less than a month ago, ill check the ground cable

Mizquiz
Let me know what you find.