LOCATE ECU AND FIX 99 2.2

1999 Isuzu Amigo • 14,000 miles

LOOKING AT 99 ISUZU AMIGO.5 SPD.4X4.2.2 L ENGINE

THE CURRENT OWNER SAID.
IT TRIES TO TURN OVER. BUT WONT FIRE.2 MECHANICS SAID ITS ECU COMPUTER. WHICH TELLS ENGINE TO FIRE.

what do I look for to make sure this is the problem? Signs. Symptoms?

I LIVE HOURS FROM THE VEHICLE. WANT TO BE PREPARED WHEN I GO. MAYBE FIX AND DRIVE HOME INSTEAD OF TOWING.

I had been told by someone that it is in the console area? Only on 98 and 99.

what do I need to do to repair."A-z" please. Repair for dummies 1.2.3. Start at beginning. Lol. Tools.

Thank you so much!
Amigodriver

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems

with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing

belt/chain.