HYUNDAI ATOS SENSOR PROBLEM

1999 Hyundai Atos • 40,000 miles

CAR WILL INCREASE REVES IF THROTTLE IS OPENED GENTLY BUT WILL NOT REV AND GOES DEAD IF THROTTLE IS OPENED FULLY QUICKLY

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure first

I am having the same Problem! Hyundai Atoz with 27k, auto box? Faults are reading for MAP Sensor and Throttle Sensor, Both have been replaced including plugs, leads, fuel filter, air filter. I even changed the EGR valve, well and truely lost now : (

Jonny_Ards
Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

Replied on January 11, 2013
I am having the same Problem! Hyundai Atoz with 27k, auto box? Faults are reading for MAP Sensor and Throttle Sensor, Both have been replaced including plugs, leads, fuel filter, air filter. I even changed the EGR valve, well and truely lost now
Question from Jonny_Ards

It sounds like you have a 5v sensor supply voltage issue witch probably is a ecu problem, check 5v supply at both sensors with engine running, use a mutimeter, both sensor plugs have 3 pins on them, check the ones in the corners for each sensor, you must have a reading of 5v at all times.

PAVLOS CHANIA
Which sensors must have the 5v supply?

Jonny_Ards
Hi you did say (Faults are reading for MAP Sensor and Throttle Sensor)

PAVLOS CHANIA
I did indeed and checked both sensors this morning : -)

MAP Sensor is reading 4.98v
Throttle Sensor is reading 0.036v

So I am guessing that the fault is under lying with the TPS? And where do I go about getting the required volts? Broken Wire? Relay? ECU?

Also I have a car to swap bits to and from!

Jonny_Ards
Well the 5v is from the ecu, so the good news is if you have that at reading at one of two your ecu is ok, next trace Tps wiring back to your ecu and pay extra attention to the plug connections that are inside under the heater. One other question is your check engine light up at all times? If you erase faults do they both pop up again once you start the car?

PAVLOS CHANIA
I do not have the check engine light on, just faults stored on computer which are cause the car to hesitate badly! Will check all wiring today!

Jonny_Ards