SHOCK REPAIR

1999 Honda Prelude • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 145,000 miles

Honda prelude 99 shock repair estimate?

i been going around and asking but I got very high numbers, I just wanted to ask you how much you would think it would cost me to get all four change on average?

Blong
Blongboy

You talking the shock as in the center part of the strut. Those are pretty expensive. May hundred bucks per one for a decent one. Plus labor maybe around four hours total. Plus an alignment that there adds up to 800. Are you sure you need new ones?

Blackop555
Mine are so bad I can feel everything. Every crack on the road. Beside my car is old and have alot of mile on it to.

Blongboy
If it's that high.I might just buy new tires mine also going bad

Blongboy
Usually a car is softer when shocks degrade same with springs. Unless they get near the ends of their compression limits. Then you will feel it. Shocks can be bought for what kind of ride quality that you are looking for. Usually badshocks are known when you hit a bbump and car bounces way up and down fora while after the bump. Kind of like being on a boat hitting a wave

Blackop555