HONDA CIVIC ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Honda Civic • 147,300 miles

While driving it stalls. If it stalls while driving it is usually a small hiccup lasting
Jdd7xf

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure, then clean throttle plate on both sides with choke cleaner.

Does the whole question show up to you? I wrote a little more info than the fragment it shows! Did you see the 3-4 paragraph question?

Jdd7xf
Nope just what you see there.

It might be the same answer, but just to be sure (I guess it cut it off!): While driving it stalls. If it stalls while driving it is usually a small hiccup lasting

Jdd7xf
Apparently there's a character limit.
Car hiccups usually

Jdd7xf
Car hiccups usually less than 1 second while driving. Other times from driving it'll stall, then die, for 5-10 minutes. Engine light flickers on for however long the time is and when the engine starts again it will turn off.

Other times it simply won't start from the lot. This is never the first time I start it up. It's always my second or third trip start up. For both times the engine will crank and try to start but won't.

Due to the engine light turning off I haven't been able to see trouble codes. My dear mum luckily managed to stall it at an Autozone and only remembers the code reader saying "Loose Connection."

New Battery and cat; I think the alternator and starter are fine because some days it works perfectly fine. No problems. It seems like a psuedo random time bomb of minor to serious engine stalling.

Could it be 2 problems - one for driving one for starting? From your site I thought it might be something with the circuty for the ignition? Just wondering what I tell the mechanic to look for.

Thank you for your time!

Jdd7xf
Funny I 've never seen a charactrer limint before. Oh well if it hiccups do the same ting I suggested, it could be a an ignition proeblem like a bad plug/wire as well which won't show up on a scan.

If it means anything, when it's stalled and I'm not trying to start, the oil and battery warning lights come on. I don't know if that's normal or not, but there it is.

I was using a special symbol for 'less than.' The text box cut off the message from there on. Just fyi.

Jdd7xf
That is normal for the lights to do that on start cycle. If this is intermittent it may pickup on freeze frame on scanner if you can do that. But it maybe something in teh ignition system or a bd connection causing this.

Check the PGM FI Main relay. (I am a Honda Mechanic)

Sonda