DX HEATING PROBLEMS?

1999 Honda Civic • 170,000 miles

I know this is a common rhetorical question but I want suggestions please! I just drove home from work haling A** and its the morning not to hot outside but when I came to a stop light my car started overheating? I changed the thermo stat not that long ago could it be it being defective? Or my fan not kicking in? Will do my own research before I get back on here thank you ! Love this site I actually get info and exact ddetails!
HondaDx

Check your radiator first, when it's hot feel for cold spots if there are then your rad may be bad. If it's a bad tstat, normally it will overheat very quick. Make sure your coolant level is full as well as it may have dropped since the t-stat change.

Yes I checked it and emptied the radiator put in some new coolent and still over heats the same. Could it be the t-stat messing up again. Thanks man

HondaDx
When does the overheating occurs?
Are the cooling fans working?
Do you have coolant losses issues?

When I drive off the freeway and my civic Dx only has 1 cooling fan. I see that the radiator if empty but the extra tanks still full

HondaDx
Check the radiator cap and if bad, replace it and bleed the system and retest. If radiator still deplete, get a pressure test done. Most probably the head gasket is bad.